Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11-08

In the year of 2001, we had a horrible tragedy happen to the U.S. We had a terrorist attack on the Pentagon and the Twin Towers. It was a horrible time for us, but as an 8 year old; I didn't know what the big deal was. So what if a plane broke some buildings? It was nothing new to me. I don't remember exactly what I was doing, but the little things I do remember will stay with me forever. I was in Mr. Hughes class (third grade), and when he found out about the situation, he tried distracting us from the problem. He gave us some coloring sheets, just so we wouldn't freak out out about all the teachers crying, and screaming because they were scared. I must say, he was very good at doing that. After school let out, I went home and asked my mom what was going on, she said that some very mean people were trying to hurt the people in our country. After that, she broke down and started crying. I didn't understand what the reason behind that was, but I went and hugged her and said that everything was going to be ok. That next day was a Wednesday, so I went to church and prayed for the people that were hurt, and the people that were hurting us. That's all I can remember. If i could run a certain activity to commemorate this certain day, I would probably have to say a parade. Honoring our loved ones who died from the attack, and our loved ones who died trying to help the victims. Even if we know them or not, they are still apart of us every day, in our hearts, and in our minds when we come to the anniversary of this tragic day, 9/11.

No comments: