Friday, November 7, 2008

Free Friday...(Momma-Te quiero con todo mi corazón.)

In one of my past blogs, I wrote some horrible things about my real mom, Norma. Which at that time, I thought were true, but they are not. All the lies that Carolyn, my adopted mom, told me were so twisted and uncalled for that it made me wonder what else she has lied to me about. Carolyn said that my mom never tried to visit me on my birthdays or even the other holidays. But the truth is that she had tried to visit us, but Carolyn wouldn't let her see us because she thought that she would just mess up our lives. That was the wrong move. I had never seen, or heard of my mom until I was 13 because Carolyn said that she had died in a car wreck. When I was about to turn 14, Johnathan, my brother, came home and told me that our mom was still alive. I was surprised and I didn't know what to say. I asked Carolyn if she was really dead, and she said that she had really survived. And that's when I started asking questions and wandering who I really was. When Carolyn finally told me that I was half Mexican, I was happy. I wasn't just a normal child. I had something different about me. Ever since then, I have had some questions about who I really was, and what really happened. But now that I actually get to go to her house and call her mom, Carolyn is really trying to mess that up for Johnathan and I, especially me. Since Johnathan is almost 18 (only 2 more months), she really tries to stop me from seeing her. But, the thing is, she doesn't know that my mom is hiring a lawyer to help us out. Soon enough I will be a happy, MEXICAN teenager. :)

No comments: